I can’t believe it’s been one month since Arabella came into our life. The past month has been a whirlwind of experiences, learning, and joy. I’ve definitely learned a lot about myself this month, things that I would have never thought in a million years would be me.
1 month old!
My first month experiences:
1. The moment you put on a clean diaper, she will immediately pee and/or poop requiring you to repeat the diaper process.
2. 3am has begun to be less of a bother and more of a time that I can enjoy. The house is dark, everyone else is sleeping except Arabella and I and we get to enjoy that middle of the night feeding.
3. The most important person/people to listen to about parenting advise is myself and Gary. We know what’s right for her, we just have to be confident in that.
4. The pain of childbirth hasn’t diminished but pales in comparison to the feeling I get from being a mom.
5. I love babywearing! I love that she’s always close, I can be “hands free” around the house and out and about without having to lug a huge infant carseat around. It amazes me how easy and comfy it is, but that not a lot of people do it in our culture. I found this slideshow on Flickr of babywearing around the world, simply amazing: http://www.flickr.com/groups/ethnicbabycarriers/pool/show/
6. My relationship with Gary has changed, for the better. I feel more connected to him than I ever have and am excited to see where this new adventure will take us.
I guess that is about it for now, but I also wanted to share our new photo site. I’ll be updating the pictures on that site rather than on here as there is more storage space on Shutterfly. Our photo page can be found here: http://arabellaannpembleton.shutterfly.com
I can’t promise an update on a consistent basis, but I’m *hoping* for once a week/every other week.